Wednesday 26 November 2014

Practices of my Elizabethan Design

 

This was my partner's first attempt at my makeup look. I was happy with it as a first practice, but I know that I would like softer colours and for the blusher to be brought round onto the apples of the cheeks rather than just extending down from my cheekbone. We encountered difficulty with the white face when using supra colour as I have dry areas on the skin and so the paint clings to these areas, so I believe that using something like Illamasqua skin base will be more moisturising and easier to blend around the face.


 



When practising the look myself, I took the problems that we faced, like the supracolour base, the strong colours and separation of supracolour on the lips. Firstly, I used Illamasqua skin base in 01 instead, and applied multiple layers of this and buffed it into the skin vigorously. Even though this still left patches, I was then able to cover these quite well with the 'Fennel' colour from the Brilliant Colour Medley Kryolan shadow palette, as it is very pigmented and good at covering the gaps and accentuating the white colour. For the eyeshadow, I used a fluffier, less dense brush (the MAC 217 brush) that is not in our kit as it spreads the pigment more lightly and does not pick up as much eyeshadow as the brushes we are provided with. This means I can have the soft edged look that I want, and can layer the colours lightly without accidentally making them too harsh. Lastly, what I did with the lips was avoid them when applying the base to the face. Then when I was ready to apply makeup to them, I wiped any excess base then was on them, then applied lip balm and rubbed this in. Then I wiped the excess lip balm off leaving me with moisturised, even lips, and patted the foundation brush I used to apply the base on my lips as the excess on it meant I could control the amount of white I wanted on my lips and it also did not separate as I had recently moisturised my lips. For the cheekbones and blush, I found the combination of colours that I wanted which happened to be red, pink and orange, and applied it lightly and brought it across to the cheeks as I wanted it to have a contoured and blushed look. I am extremely pleased with how my practice went and believe that this is the exact look that I want, and I have faith in my partner with replicating this look.

No comments:

Post a Comment