Thursday 30 October 2014

Sketching

Unfortunately I was unable to attend Kat's lesson, and so I did drawing of my own at home. Before doing this course I would often draw illustrations that I saw on the internet as a hobby, and so this task was enjoyable for me despite not having drawn for a while.

 

Now looking back at these photos it is obvious I could have added more layers as there are clear gaps in the shading. However I attempted the 'light reflection' look on each of the shapes for some realism. What I enjoy most about drawing with pencil is gradients. Going from dark to light when shading is a matter of layering more in the dark areas and layering less in the lighter areas, which is much like doing eyeshadow on an eye, or contour on a face. Drawing and sketching relates to makeup in that both require skill in symmetry, shading and gradients, and straight or evenly curved lines. Drawing is good practice for makeup without having to use your products and making a mess.







 

This is my example of still life drawing. It is clear that I need some practice with proportions as to begin with I had drawn the circular shade part too big, and so had to re-draw it. Also, when looking at the photo and the drawing, it is obvious that I drew it too wide. However I attempted to replicate the shading and reflections on the white ceramic areas. I will keep practising my drawings and proportions in order to be able to transfer these skills to makeup and hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment